Thursday, March 10, 2016

WIGGED OUT!

I've been watching YouTube videos for months trying to figure out how to "slay" my wig once I get one. My transplant isn't until September but my hair seems to be coming out faster and faster these days and looks so thin and flimsy, I thought why not? I would like to leave the house looking somewhat put together every now and again--is that so much to ask?

So today I figured, let me go out and see what I can see. It was over 75 degrees today which feels like 105 to me. I was alternating between my head being set aflame with a hot flash and just regular sweating. But I'd come this far and today was a "good day" and I never know when the next one is coming so I didn't want to waste it.

First thing the lady in the store says is, "Miss, do you have a wig cap?" I didn't, so I bought a package for $1.00. As I tug on the wig cap I'm trying to cooly wipe the sweat dripping down my neck and behind my ears as inconspicuously as possible. As I look around at the myriad of wigs I feel the wig cap creeping up. I tug it back down only to have it creep up yet again. I can't figure out if my head is too big or too small? I hustled the wig on quickly before the wig cap could roll off completely. I tried on a straight, black wig; human hair; nice. And the hair was curl-able so that was great too.

I feel the wig cap roll to the top of my head underneath the wig and I sigh inwardly. Sweat drips down my hair, my breasts, my armpits. I needed to get back in my car and blast the air conditioning before I melted into a puddle of hair and sweat! I quickly removed the wig and told her I'd take it, the price was great--$24.00! If I wasn't so hot I would have gotten another one! As I mop my forehead and shove the hated wig cap into my handbag I shake my head, "$24.00 is really a terrific price." The woman looks at me, "Um, I'm sorry Miss but the price is $240.00." She points to the price and I squint until I see it. Yup. $240 dollars.

Needless to say, I left the store empty handed. As I drove home, I thought to myself, why would someone spend so much money to be so damn miserable?!!! Are other women not hot wearing a wig? Does their wig cap and wig not ride up? If that's true....

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH MY DAMN HEAD?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment